Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Knitting stuff

Well, I'm trying to restock my socks with actual *pairs* of socks. This means I have to finish 2 of the same thing. I have managed to do two pair, so far. I just finished these:




Now I'm onto these:



I'm attempting to knit both socks at the same time. One sock is tucked into the other. This means I have to work with two separate threads almost like double knitting.



It also means I'm going to have (potentially) the same sock, without having to write notes (which I don't ever do) to try and ensure they are the same looking sock. Thankfully the 'not quite identical' style is in, so I'm not really "strange" for wearing socks that are slightly different. However, it will be nice to have some that are. And, I am using the same ball of yarn, so can make the socks until I run out of yarn without having to worry about saving enough for the second half. Oh, the possibilities!



After this, more slipper socks. I'm waiting for the soft leather bottoms to get here - they are back ordered.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I love the socks!! I learned to knit these past few weeks and made 3 scarfs. I hope to make a sock in 2009! Your socks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your socks look awesome! I have yet to get any done. I think I've pulled out about 10 though. I'll get it some time. :) I just got a book on how to do 2 at the same time.. so hopefully!

    ReplyDelete