Friday, September 24, 2010

Guatamalan worry dolls...

Kade found this craft on activity tv.



We didn't have the trash bag ties (can you say Ginger's too hippy?) but we did have pipe cleaners. This makes them a tad bigger than they were on the show...but still well worth the effort.


These two were made by Kade's hand. After he finished these, he was done and asked if I wouldn't finish his 'family' for him. He wanted two more. A girl and a Mama. Here's how they turned out.





I did a few for myself and hope to get back to them soon.




I also finished gifts for Annie...she is wearing the belt of bells, so I didn't manage to get a picture of that. I did, however, get to take a picture of her new hat! I made it out of cotton. The colors look weird on the camera - it really is raspberry and lime. Too cool. I may have to make one for me!





Annie is officially 21! I'm so happy for her!

Maybe it's a great time for those worry dolls, after all! Life is so big and full. The kids grow up so fast. Now it's time to meditate and try and keep up!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE those worry dolls! The hat is pretty groovy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the worry dolls! we'll have to try that. and the hat is great, i'm sure annie loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool, I remember buying worry dolls with my mom in Mexico when I was little! How fun to make your own! You a such a talented knitter, that hat is so cool....is your shop going to have knitting stuff in it too?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, my shop just may at some point!

    ReplyDelete