Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Park day yesterday

We had a great time...and met new families and saw families for the first time in months. This fun time was even more special because Abby was a part of our group. Abby is the niece of one of our regular Moms, so she is not used to being with all of us. She was a trooper in that she had just had a tooth pulled and wasn't feeling her personal best. I had brought the camera, since we rarely get to share our park experience, and I'm glad I did. Abby was just sitting there, kinda deciding whether she felt up to playing or not. I handed her the camera and asked if she wanted to take some pictures...and this is what she has created. Thanks, Abby!


Unschooling park day October 20, 2008 from Beachbum on Vimeo.

***********************
Added since this was first published.

I forgot to include that Kai listened to "When in Rome" about 18 times before we got home that night. He asked if I could include it in a slideshow...so that is how it came to be a part of this one. The music is by Nickel Creek from their album "Why Should the Fire Die?"

4 comments:

  1. Awww. It looks like a good time was had by all. Even Abby!! Ginger, you sure have a way of making EVERYONE feel comfortable and welcome. Love just oozes out of you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! We missed the BABY?! Ugh. So happy you all had such a fun time without us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i knew she was taking pictures of me, but, wow, that was a lot. it's cool to see our group through the eyes of a 6 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Great pictures! I felt as if I was there!! Cannot wait to have park days, play dates, etc!!

    ReplyDelete