Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We are home...

but first: I came home and Jeff sent me to you tube.

OK.

Whatever.

Then I listened.

Listen from 1:36 to 4:25. I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables.

Now Susan Boyle has changed my life. I have listened to this too many times to count. It inspires me to follow my dream. Talent like this that touches your soul. Silent to most of us for the 36 years she's been singing...

Go listen. Then come back. I may have stopped listening to her long enough to write about our awesome trip.

Dream you dreams.

Thanks, Susan, for sharing your incredible talent.

Listen HERE.

I found a place that let me embed it, so here it is. Once again, start from minute 1:36. And turn off the music on the side bar...

5 comments:

  1. So funny...I just posted about that on my blog, too!
    Glad you had a nice trip and are now back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me cry. Thanks for posting this. sigh. Beauty has just nothing to do with the outside package, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, simply beautiful. I cried, too, listened over and over (it's one of my favorite songs anyway) and called the girls over to listen. I love such courage and persistence- really speaks to my heart and motivates me to make today better. I hope she continues to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda cool that so many of us were listening to her yesterday. I had already listened to her twice when the evening news came on and there she was again. I started thinking about some of my long time dreams that I've never pursued.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! wow! wow! she has an amazing voice, it made me cry as well, so amazing. i have to admit i felt sick to my stomach watching the way EVERYONE joked her and laughed at her before they heard her. thanks for sharing this, i hope it is a turning point for her!

    ReplyDelete