Monday, November 24, 2008

More notes on the Klamath

First, though, I've given a glimpse of my bro, but now I get to enjoy him privately...

It was interesting. Last night Jeff hands me the National Geographic and says I'd enjoy the last article in it. So, I take it over to my spot and sit, flip through the pages, and get to this : Reuniting a River. It's interesting to see others *do* share my passion for this subject matter. In the article it includes Crater Lake, Copco and more. There are some fabulous pictures...the like National Geographic is famous for...that bring me to the area like nothing else. Go check it out and see what you think. Maybe a new passion will be created for you in that rushing cold water.

*******added after the original was posted********

If you want to see where we, the Sheldens...my family, landed in Norther California, see this map here. Our first 'home' in the area was on the banks of Copco Lake. My folks took jobs in a one room schoolhouse that serves this community. You can read a tad of the history of Bogus Elementary School here. For those curious, my brother and I were part of the school before they moved up the hill to the new school. I graduated with 2 others... A blast from the past!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I thought you were kidding when you called it "bogus", thought it was just a moniker. What an experience that must have been. Reminds me of Little house on the prairie : )

    ReplyDelete