Monday, July 7, 2008

After the crash...

Well, the computer crashed.

This was good and bad.

Bad:
It took what seemed like forever to get it back. Kai missed his Monday toonami shows (even though you can see them all week, too.) and was bummed. Kade missed out on some of the cool games he likes to play. He's been into the computer more lately, so it was tough on him. (It's taking "way tooooo looonnngggg!")

It's an expense we weren't thinking about this month...but when are computer crashes in the budget?

I had a gob of emails when I sat back down.

I realized all of our contact info (phone numbers and such) where on the computer, for that is where I know they wont get lost...well mostly so, at least.


Good:
We realized how much time we spend on this silly machine! I really took that to heart, since I don't really enjoy sitting and vegging in front of it. I was sort of lost the first day without my email, financial awareness links, fun stuff to read pages and yahoo groups! I quickly filled this time, mind you! I'm now back to knitting like a crazy woman and actually keeping up with all the laundry and dishes. I am also more speedy with the response to the kids, now that I'm on this beast again. All things are saved and can be retrieved when desired.

Kai has since seen all his shows, Kade has had his turn at the games and I have balanced our finances and caught up on emails...mostly.

Since the last visit here, we have done much. The bikes are now in order! Kai needed a new one and Kade was content with Kai's old one with his training wheels on. New helmets were in order and the boys just went on a long ride. I will have to wait a bit to get a bike of my own. We want to see if the boys are really into it before we get the whole family on those wheels. I am, however, looking forward to getting on those wheels!

Jeff was the one trailing behind in the Disney version of Trivial Pursuit. Kade and Kai are pretty masterful at this version. We lag behind much.

The 4th was completely awesome. We went up to Auntie Mary's and celebrated with the family. The Zevons including Brian and his folks, The Jenkins and us. The grilling was excellent, conversation was incredible, all the folks are dear to us. We had fun with all the outside games and the boys enjoyed the pool. Laughter was had by many...and much love was shared. Couldn't have asked for a better afternoon. After Auntie Mary's, we headed home. We were only here for about an hour before heading out to Lego Land to view the fireworks there. This is the first year both boys have been into the fireworks (the last time we went to see a show was our first year in TN). Both boys were really excited. Kade needed some urging to get out again (for he was incredibly tired), but a cup of hot cocoa for the road did the trick...and the promise to be in the sling if he wished. Can you believe it? He still loves the sling and we did get some Kade/Mama snuggles in. After about 5 minutes he decided to get down and run with the other kids. It was a precious moment for me, though. I miss those days muchly - when I got all the snuggle time I wished for. Now they are too mobile and only snuggle at night and in the morning. I take all I can get! After the show, the line getting out was huge. We ended up staying at the car and just hanging out together. There were other fireworks going off around, so we could see some every once in a while. Then we saw all the new trucks and cars that are parked there in the parking lot (from local dealers that need room to put their extras) and we had a grand time talking about pricing, mpgs and size/weight capacities. Kai walked around and let everyone who was out there looking too which trucks and cars were highest in price and lowest in mpg. Hee hee. Who says unschooling doesn't work?! Anyway, the fireworks show was grand and we came home very content with our lives.

Amazingly, that feeling has maintained itself in our lives...and we hope you get to feel it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment