Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going with the flow

At one of the Live and Learn Conferences Danielle Conger *** had given out smooth river rocks. They weren't polished, just smooth. She mentioned they were a reminder that one needs to go with the flow of the river this life is. I like the analogy and the reminder.
(***Although Danielle has some great things to explore I have wrongfully given her credit for the stone. Its analogy creator, Sandra Dodd, also has a fabulous site, so please go look at the wealth of information there! In the comments there is a link to the 'flow' presentation.)

Kai was up at 6:30 this morning. He went to sleep at midnight. I can't believe he managed to keep himself awake and ok for as long as he did. He struggled with how to reign in his excitement about having friends over. He was great, though, when they were here.

Kade was up around 8:45. He just now fell asleep about 15 minutes ago. He had a full day.

It was great fun having friends over, though. Kai and Kade really have connected with Isaiah and Josiah. They call them the brothers they never knew they had. Lily is a precious 10 month old. She is great fun to Kai (he is sweet to her when he's around her) and the greatest challenge for Kade (who today said she would bite him if he got his toy back from her)! Stephanie and I were able to chat a bit and I certainly enjoy her company. What a great family they are (Matt, too). I appreciate the care and calmness they bring to our relationships. Too cool. How ironic, huh, to follow that sentance with how the boys always play sword and light sabers! I like the seemless play that happens. It's really fun to watch and hear. I look forward to allowing the friendships to blossom as they may.

After they headed out, the boys and I vegged a bit. Jeff made it home later tonight than usual. Jeff and I wanted to spend some time talking, so went to get the mail together. We came back in, still talking, and the boys let us go into the other room to do so. Then a little bit later, both boys came into the room and said they only came in to get some family snuggle time! How cool is that?! So our precious boys climbed up in between us and we got to chill together, just talking and being together! It was great while it lasted.

Interactions are key to making this life seemless. Sometimes it's just going with the flow and having no expectations. We all had a great day. I felt like that rock being rolled around by the water - nothing harsh, no scary moments, no sudden moves or unexpected collisions or anything like that. Just pure fun and good moments, moments that could have been nasty but I was able to roll and help the situation change course and move along smoothly.

I like these types of days...in the flow of life.

1 comment:

  1. -=-At one of the Live and Learn Conferences Danielle Conger had given out smooth river rocks. They weren't polished, just smooth. She mentioned they were a reminder that one needs to go with the flow of the river this life is. I like the analogy and the reminder.-=-

    Was it Danielle or me? I did "Flow" in Albuquerque and passed out rocks. Did Danielle do it last year?

    I did not put any copyright notice on those rocks... :-)

    http://sandradodd.com/flow When it gets further from the time, I might make that available on the page, but for now it can be purchased from Kelli Lovejoy on CD.

    ReplyDelete