Sunday, July 13, 2008

An experiment

Last week sometime Kade came in the kitchen and started to look around. This means he wants something fun to do. The kitchen is one of his favorite 'fun' places to be. There's tons of cool things you can find in there.

Kade exclaims: "Let's do an experiment. Let me see. We need 2 glasses."

Kade gets the 2 glasses and one large container. We have a water cooler that has both cold and hot water. I often mix the hot and cold water to make it warmer than room temperature. My mug is right there on the table as well. Kade fixes one glass with a bit of hot water. The other glass he puts a bit of cold water in. He then pours the cold into the hot and then asks me to test it.

Kade: "Is it the right temperature? If so, put it in your mug. If not, put it in the container."
Me: I try it. "It is pretty cool."
Kade: "Then in the container it goes."

This went on until my mug was filled again. He got really good about getting the separate glasses filled with the amount of cold/hot water needed to make it the perfect temperature.

Who says that free time can't be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment