Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby is gone...

...and what's a Mama to do? It's easier with the oldest one, now 19, but still tough. The 9 year old doesn't enjoy sleeping over at someone else's house. But the 7 year old? Well, he's enjoying himself. Spreading his wings. Having new experiences and finding his way in this world.

This is, truly, what I want. I want him to soar and experience life and find his way.

It would be nice if I didn't have to say good-bye first. Then request a love before you go? He gives me love with gusto, but doesn't look back. No hesitancy. No trepidation. No thought of anything but bliss.

How cool.

My heart does miss his little patter around the house. And his giggle. I miss getting milk 17 times an hour, or so it seems. I'll miss how he burrows his head into my arm when he's getting tired.

I know he's in good hands. I have no concerns there. They are awesome parents.

Just is hard on a Mama's heart.

I am happy for him. He's going to try and sleep in the hammock swing! How cool is that?!

1 comment:

  1. Many hugs! I know how it's so hard no matter what the age. Hope he has fun and comes home with stories to share.

    ReplyDelete