Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hooked on your blog...

A new friend (met via blogging) has given me another opportunity to express some happiness. Jean has given me this:




It is referred as the "Hooked On Your Blog/What Makes You Happy/6 Random Things" meme.

I am going to express 6 things that I didn't last time - especially since I can now have 6 more to express!


1. Nature.
The ocean is so beautiful. But, I so enjoy the mountains and the trees. Here are a few pictures I have that I just love.


Here is Kai sitting on a cropped tree in the middle of the woods on Redwood Croft. We had great fun wandering around the paths and finding these cool spots to rest and watch. The sound of the ocean breeze coming through the tree tops was incredible. Very soothing.






These are the dogwood that bloomed in mass on our property in Tennessee. I love the way the red barn in back makes the white pop out and look so beautiful. I love the texture of the dogwood blooms. I loved having them right outside my window. I remember growing up with them, too. In the mountain pass going from Redding to Mt. Shasta the forest was full of both the white blooms and pink blooms of the dogwoods there. I always enjoyed the 'Easter Holiday' trips down south to visit family. Mostly because we would pass these blooms and we would get to see Castle Crags. So much of that country up there speaks to me. I remember one early morning when my Dad and I were driving together and we were able to see the sun rise on Mt. Shasta as we traveled toward the southern pass. That feeling - I still feel when I just think of the beauty of it. Nature speaks to my soul, I do believe.


The creatures that come to visit the flowers are pretty fascinating, too. I have been stung more times than I care to count. And yet, I'd get a butterfly bush in a flash! I really enjoy watching them buzz from spot to spot. This busy gal was on the flowers here in our area. Great to see them be able to feast during the winter, too. Not something one gets to see in other parts of the world.




I guess I am going to mention the boys here! I love to watch the sunset. Several times the boys have been willing just to go down and watch it. I enjoy watching them interact with their preferred nature inter-actives.




2. Music.
Music makes me happy inside. It's the counterpart, for me, to nature. Even Jeff will notice if I haven't been listening to enough of it, he will nudge me to do so. I guess you can see/hear how varied my sounds can be on the play list. Even that isn't as ecclectic as I actively listen to. I love listening to it. I love making it. I love watching people make it! Bring it on.

3. Friends.
I really have made some really good friends. I value them. I value what they bring to my life.

4. Tin Whistle.
Some of you may already know how much I love the tin whistle. I hope to some day (soon?) have a low D. :) My favorite artist has to be Joannie Madden. If you haven't heard her yet, listen to her here...



5. Craftiness.
No, not that form of the verb. I am not clever with people or putting said people in certain situations. I am talking about the other crafty - the working with materials to make cool stuff kind of crafty. I have just done my first decoupage glass lanterns for some special people in my life. This makes me happy.

6. Authenticity.
I welcome it. It makes life real and allows us to feel everything we want and need to. It allows us to build relationships. It allows our children to be authentic and exactly who they are supposed to be.

Now, I will share this with 6 more bloggers. I am going to share with a few of the people whose blogs I read regularly.


1. Kat craft fever

2. Hummingbird Haven

3. Second to the Right

4. Warts and All

5. The Wonderful Happens

6. Blog of the Zombie Princess

Thanks, Jean!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your answers and share them all as favorites, except I hadn't heard of a "tin whistle" before, but I do like the sound that it makes. Reminds me of old English or Irish renaissance. Very pretty.

    The dogwood against the barn are really beautiful. How lovely to have those just outside your window while you were there.

    "Nature speaks to my soul"...I like that, that's exactly how I feel about it, but I'm never as eloquent with words.

    I'll post one when I get a chance.

    The snow heart was taken when we were up in Big Bear in January.

    Hope to see you soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger!

    I finally responded to you tag. It was my first time doing something like this so it took awhile. Here it is.. (I love your music!)

    http://gail-hummingbirdhaven.blogspot.com/2009/02/hooked-on-your-blog-six-things.html

    ReplyDelete