Thursday, February 19, 2009

Follow-up on sleep over

Well, the thing with Kade is he doesn't talk about the past much. He is all about talking with you if you want to talk about what is happening now. I think he sees it like he's wasting the present to talk about the past. I don't mind this, as long as I'm with him. When he goes off on adventures, though, this is tough.

So, off he went. Picked up by friends around noon thirty. Gone. His fun had begun!

Around 10:30, we got the call. Now both Jeff and I were surprised. Even though it's only his second sleep over, this didn't seem like Kade. Jeff jumped in the car and drove to get him. It's about a 40 minute drive, but well worth it if your babe is asking for you. By the time they got home, Kade was definitely sick. The head cold had come in quick and hit him hard. Looking back on it, I think he listened to his body and just knew. I don't think he thought of it in those terms, but still, he just knew he wanted to be home.

I have no doubt we wont be hearing from him the next time he chooses to sleep over. He'll be having too much fun.

When I asked him about what he did, he responded : "Mama, I was having fun!"

He did come home with the "Guess who" game. We have been enjoying it entirely too much.

1 comment:

  1. Ginger, I love this. I copied it and interviewed my boys and will post it soon. Thanks for sharing it. The answers can be surprising, eh? It's so cool how clearly they know we love them.

    ReplyDelete