Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gifts

Now that Baba has received her birthday gifts, I can post the picture of them in the process of being done. I love the rice socks, and Kade and I (sometimes Kai) enjoy the warmth they provide us nightly. I also like them when I can't seem to get my foot warm - these work almost as well as hot water, but without the pressure of the water on the foot or the after shock of the cool air. Anyhoo, they are easy, easy to make. Take a clean men's crew sock. Fill the foot half full of rice and knot the top. Decorate with markers. For added interest, you can add an essential oil of your choice or dried herbs inside the sock itself before you knot it. These are great for a kid project as it takes so little time and they can put as much effort into it as they feel like (even decorate it in shifts) and still get something they want. When new, one of these will be warm enough in about 30 seconds in the microwave! Can't beat the speed. It's pretty much the only thing we use the microwave for. Hope you try it out, those of you who crawl into a cold bed at night might like this ever so much!


The blank sock ended up having a few flowers and a few thin petals on it. A great henna design gone wild on a sock!


It's fun to see the pictures that are arriving on our computer. Now that she has her own computer up and running, I'm sure I will find less and less of these on here. Too bad for me and you.

For those of you who have now seen the big pictures of the dream shoes...well I have been trying to think of ways to see this foot thing in a positive way. I think I have been thinking too much about healing and not enough about living. All my focus has been on what I need to do to get back to health and not how I'm spending my time. I had a major energy shift on the 7th, of which I have only lapsed back into a funk once since then, and the 7th is the day I decided I would just start living my life and putting my focus there.

While at dinner with Jeff the other weekend, I noticed one of the employees had on a gorgeous pair of heels. OK, so if you know me, and have known me for the last 12 years or so you may find it funny that I want to wear heels at all! Truth is, I hated them when I was required to wear them every day. However, now that I have stopped resenting that time (heehee), I find I would truly enjoy dressing up and wearing heels again. So, to honor that thought, I have posted the pictures of my favorites here so I am reminded of how cool they are! And of how I will put a pair of heels on every day I am pain free...and take advantage of the time I can wear them when I get it again. I think I told Jeff I'd wear them every day, but that may be just a tad of an exaggeration...

Mainly, though, I am giving thanks for the new shoes I have made for myself and the fact that I am living this fabulous life I have with my now family of 5. I thank this universe whole heartedly.

It is also wonderful that I was able to see a movie with the man today!!! A date, you say? Well in the 10 years we have been together we have now seen a total of 8 movies in the theater without our young ones there. Most of those eight times were before Kai was born! Maybe we can rectify the lapses of time between since we both truly enjoy that time seeing the shows. At least I hope to go often enough to remember to bring a tissue with me - since it seems I will always cry during every movie I see! Wet hanky gal that I am.

I am also grateful to the friends who entertained our boys while Jeff and I got a whoppin' 5 hours of today to spend together...THANKS!

5 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog posts...truly I am just there! :-)

    Broc and I almost went to movie tonight but wanted to stay home and have dinner with Brenna since she'll be heading back to college soon. What movie did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cry every time, too? I thought it was just me!

    Camille and I say Yes Man recently and I even cried during that. Pathetic, I am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to see Valkyrie. I liked it a lot. I'm not a Cruise fan, so wish they would have had another in the main role. The movie, though, fascinates me. I remember that there were attempts on Hitler's life, but did not know how close some of those came to succeeding. Anyway, a good one.

    Enjoy the fam!

    Thanks for coming to 'visit' us here on the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you are choosing to simply LIVE!! i know from my own experience that once i stopped focusing every single moment on "the healing" i actually started healing. amazing!!

    movies out are sooo much fun. scotty and i haven't done a movie alone in probably 10 years or more. we plan to again soon though!!

    i too cry at even funny movies. i find that there is always some insight or emotion that touches me and i learn something about myself and my own life. ESPECIALLY in yes man Flo!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I tagged you on my blog.

    And, yay, Laura- another weeper walks amongst us. :)

    ReplyDelete