Sunday, January 25, 2009

We've been doing things...honestly!

I don't remember exactly when this was taken, but it hasn't been too long. It is well worth posting. Kai wanted me to take a video of this move from his favorite game : Dragon Ball Z. The camera isn't great at taking video when it is bright, so it is hard to see. Still, I thought it worth posting here...he is pretty cool.


Kai showing a move from Dragon Ball Z from Beachbum on Vimeo.


Mainly, though, we have been getting well. After Annie moved in, Kade got sick. It was that nasty head cold that had been going around. A few days later, Kai started showing symptoms. Now, I don't like it when the kids are sick. However, it is nice to be home for a solid 2 weeks and not go very far. It's amazing all the things you can do in that time!




I was able to get to this huge pile of mending/sewing that had been 'hiding' in plain sight behind the computer. Now it is done, folded, pictured and put away.




It was nice to get this baby out and take it for a spin. I do hope to someday get a *real* sewing machine. Right now I am only able to do straight stitch - and can think a lot about changing the tension, but can't touch the knobs or the machine freaks out. Still, this crazy machine did a great job of putting all these things together and we are wearing them I type. Kai now has pants for the first time this winter...as they were all too long to fit. So cool and he is happy with them!

Needless to say, I did get this cold, too, so the time at home was pretty much my down time too. Annie was the only person who managed to stay healthy through our last few weeks. Yeah!

Annie has been making friends, so has been away for part of the weekends. We haven't been sitting home and moping, though. (Sorry, girl!) So, last weekend we hit the beach. Here's the fun:



Beach day 18Jan09 part one from Beachbum on Vimeo.


Beach day 18Jan09 part two from Beachbum on Vimeo.


Beach day 18Jan09 part 3 from Beachbum on Vimeo.


This past week still found me out of commish, so the boys went stir crazy till Annie or Jeff came home. Jeff took them out a few times, they went swimming once and Annie definitely connected with them.

This weekend Kade got this:




The boys took their bikes out for a spin. Kade came back in after a bit, but Kai and Jeff rode all the way to downtown Carlsbad on the path and loved it. Now, the kids and I are hangin' at home. Annie and Kai are playing battleship. Kade is bouncing from watching 6Teen on demand and going in to check on their progress. Jeff is working and missing us. This evening looks like we will get to snuggle and be a family together. Life is definitely awesome.

As Kade has been known to say quite often : "I LOVE MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!"


OOOOOOOooooooo and now that the world isn't spinning anymore for me...I can get back to knitting! Yes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the family is on the mend! That bike looks like it would go really fast! Bet that video game was tough for Kai! AND Jeff's working on a Sunday - just like K? :) she's stopping to get some eggs then should be home soon.... I'm being domestic partner... folding clothes, emptying dishwasher, cooking ham, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! "I love my life!!!!" That must feel great as a mom to hear that! Flint just had me take a picture of him playing a video game too. There is a character named Flint in Super Paper Mario, so he wanted to pose next to him. You guys are having loads of fun up there!
    Love,
    Sahara
    p.s. I can't seem to get a feed to work right on your blog so I can get updated automatically in iGoogle. Have you disabled your feed?

    ReplyDelete