Saturday, January 10, 2009

The last few days...

This post is divided into 3 parts. Three separate happenings, thankfully. The middles section is a bit over the edge of propriety, so read on if you wish. You have been forewarned.

I took the camera on our birthday celebration dinner. Kade had said it would please him to give Daddy a dinner at Chili's ~ so off to Chili's we went. We had a good time with Annie, Josh, Kai, Kade, Jeff and I. I started to take pictures, but everyone seemed to indicate that it was enough. So, here are the few I did manage.









============
Since Annie arrived, the boys have had fun putting the fake poop around her room for her to find. She was definitely disgusted the first time (much to her younger brothers' enjoyment) but quickly took part in the fun. Eventually the fake pile ended up in the main living area. Then into the kitchen. Well, we started thinking this would be a nice little present for Annie first thing in the morning...since she is the first to get to the kitchen. I like the chop stick idea.



Then we thought maybe on food would be nicer.



In the end we opted for this. The image it put in our minds was so nasty we ended up laughing till we all cried. Even more so when I mentioned : "Oh, if only our friends could see us now."



So, friends, we had to share! For those of you who don't have the benefit of living with boys, I do ask the bald man often if the behaviors I see are normal. He assures me most of the time that indeed, these are all normal boy behaviours.

============

I *love* these!



I finished the 2 at a time socks (yes, Maynord, two). I so enjoyed doing them both at the same time, too, and now only have a smidgen of yarn left, as you can see.



I had moccasins I loved, but that had a thick seam right along the top outside of the foot. I can't have pressure there, so decided to dismantle them and use the leather with the silicone bottoms and make a fresh pair of shoes I CAN wear out and about. Here is how they turned out. Not your average look, but definitely comfy for me - especially now in the 'cold' of winter. The tops are made with wool, so will help warm me. Also, since they are knitted, I can layer the socks if need be without getting too bound and tight inside (which is the problem with other shoes) Pretty cool, huh?!

I am grateful and happy to have these...

8 comments:

  1. Kade's giggle at seeing this post was worth every moment of embarrassment I could go through! He did manage to ask if we happened to get a picture of the pile of poop on the pillow...nope. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lovelovelove the poo pix!!! i think it's safe to say that your boys will enjoy this story. i told it just last night so it's fresh in my mind again, but it's from a long time ago:

    we were at my parents' house and their dog had a bad case of the squitters...really bad, liquidy kind. we had been helping clean it up all day. the kids were totally grossed out by it. later, i found a bottle of hershey's syrup in the fridge and thought it was funny how that was exactly what the poo looked like. then i had this awful idea. i poured some onto a spoon and took it into the bedroom where the kids were all playing. i said "hey guys, look what i just scooped up from the floor"...they all went "oooh"...they "knew" what it was!!! i said "you dare me to eat it??" and they all laughed and said "NOOOO"...i ate it anyway. they actually screamed, shrieked really, and freaked out. if only i had pictures of their faces. i laughed until i almost peed. they thought it was funny only AFTER i told them what it was but they were still totally grossed out.

    i'm a nice mommy!!

    i should post this on my blog because i only rarely remember this story and should share it with the whole world (well, that little bit of it that reads my blog anyway...LOL).

    happy new year ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!!!!!
    So funny. But I'm not comin' over to eat. I knew you were raw and all but seriously... :)

    Love the slippers, too. Can I touch them tomorrow?

    And, Laura- your story is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jeff!
    Poop story funny, though it makes me a bit sick to my stomach seeing it (looks so real on the monitor! plus, having a dog I can imagine the real thing, ick!), I think my girls would have fun with it though...they have some pretty sick humor..musta got it from Dan!
    Love the new slippers! They look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This got such a chuckle from both Logan and Broc. I think it's something they would think of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Annie I really liked chatting w/ her at the park yesterday, especially about our Love for the name Anne. LOL. And the fake poop...looks too real!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comfymocs turned out great! I'm so glad you have shoes that feel good now. And that you made them- that's so awesome. :)

    I had some realistic looking plastic barf growing up. Good times. My word verification: decon as in "Waiter, will you please DECONtaminate my plate, there seems to be a pile of poop on it."

    ReplyDelete