Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today and more...

OK, so I can't say enough for our Dentist. Dr. Baha is the best. We all had our teeth polished last week. Well, the digital xrays they took of the boys showed Kade had 2 cavities in between 2 sets of teeth - making 4 teeth total involved. Before we left, Dr. Baha pulls out these cool race cars and lets Kade know he'll put his name on them (big gifts go for the big jobs, and stickers for the polishings). Anyway, Kade was really excited about getting the race cars, but not too keen on the 'spicy' gel they used last time. So, Dr. Baha said he'd try it without the gel and they'd take it step by step. Before he did anything today, Dr. Baha talked about how if Kade was nervous and tense that he would feel a lot more pain. If he was relaxed, then he probably wouldn't feel any pain. He explained that if Kade raised his hand, Dr. Baha would know he was feeling something more than the vibrating the drill would do. He also made sure Kade was cool and comfy watching Sponge Bob (get this - *with* headphones on!) before he started. Kade lifted his hand 3 times. When he raised his hand, Dr. Baha just switched to another tooth. When we checked with Kade, he said he wanted to continue. Dr. Baha checked to make sure after each set, and let Kade know when he was done with the drilling and was then just sealing and adding the composite. When the tooth is hot, it may hurt, so that is why he moved to another tooth to work on. Tooth cools, no pain! Anyway, Kade made it through the entire drilling/filling without any numbing stuff! Wow, I say. We have played with the race cars (it was a package of 2)...

When we got back, I wanted to put some henna on my hand. So, here is what I did. I like the modern/traditional combination of this design. I found this one online. However, I had to skip some 'rings' simply because either my hand is smaller or their lines are smaller than what I can do with the tip I have. I like how it turned out. The paste was only on for about an hour and a half before life called me back to play. Still, it is darker now than it was when I took the paste off. Crazy.























Annie came home earlier than we expected today and I was able to do this on her back. She wanted the center design (made by a stencil that came with the last bag of henna powder) in the center of her back. I asked if I could do some more and she was nice enough to let me. She was laying down for this, which is easiest for me. Next time I know to lean over her back to do the center so it's straight!





Last week I snagged these from Annie's facebook page so as to have a log here of what she is practicing. The mannequin heads are a bit creepy for me, but I will just have to hang. She will finish 'core' mid February. Right now they are touching on all the things they will need to know and they will go over them in more depth later.


Annie, Hannah and Merissa working on their mannequins.
























Annie's french twist.




















Annie's, Hannah's, and Merissa's handiwork.

















Annie and Hannah

3 comments:

  1. What a brave guy! Glad it went well. Love the henna design on your hand, it came out very nice! Looks like Annie is having a lot of fun at her school and great friends are being made there : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave guy! Glad it went well. Love the henna design on your hand, it came out very nice! Looks like Annie is having a lot of fun at her school and great friends are being made there : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! thanks for the nice comment on my blog. your header picyute is beautiful! awesome hena, i've always wanted to get some and try it out.

    ReplyDelete