Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bad mood Mama

Ok, so yesterday I awoke to screams and roars from the front room. Jeff had stepped out of the living area and the rucus began. I was trying to sleep in, since our sleep was scant the last couple of days. I awoke to the noise, which doesn't usually bother me, but it did this time. I tried to fight my mood, but to no avail. I then just tried to be away from all who might end up hearing my response to the world. This worked pretty well, since I was able to communicate with Jeff what I was going through. He was able to buffer me (what an awesome dude, huh?!) I tried to figure out why I was in such a dither with myself. I think it was solely due to me being shocked out of sleep at the wrong time. I saw parallells to other times. I don't nap well because I grow fangs (very, very long and nasty ones to boot) when I get up. This is how I felt Saturday...like I had been awakened from a nap. Thankfully I didn't have that same experience this morning! I'm sure the boys are thankful too. But now as I sit here typing I realize what a gift I am giving my children. Kade wakes up happy every day (but not always when awoken). Kai needs adjustment time to wake up fully, but is generally pleasant, even first thing. I'm glad they get to choose when they need their rest and get up when they are ready. I can't imagine what it would be like for them if they were required to get up (even when they didn't want to). I'm glad they get to make the choices now to get up early for certain things (and sometimes even ask us to set the alarm for them). I just think it's better to learn 'schedules' when they wish to do so. They are very motivated kids, so it will be a sinch when they choose to conform to the clock. Now it's just freedom to explore their world and their place in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment