Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dr. and park day...

We aren't really big on doctors...who is? So, it was with some hesitancy that I called and made an appointment for Kade. Kade jumped off a large rock a while back and it's been clicking a bit while he walks. Combine this with his left leg(the same side as the ankle) cramping at night whenever he exerts himself during the day and you have some concerned parents. I made the appointment yesterday, after getting a referral from a friend of ours. Everyone seemed ok with it. As we were getting into bed, Kade started asking questions. Things I didn't expect like: Is it a man? Have I ever seen him before, like on the street or something? Is he old or really old? Then there were the questions I expected to hear like: Will he talk to me? Will he touch me? Do I have to get poked on? Will he listen to me when I talk to him? What happens if I don't feel comfortable? Kade and I ended up talking quite a bit last night until finally all the questions he wanted to ask were out and answered to his satisfaction and sleep was welcomed. This morning he woke up and was gung-ho about going. When we finally got there, he was very excited about it and wanted to just do it. Thankfully, his leg is fine. We may have to wear shoes with arch support, since it's his muscles in the front of his shin that is giving him the fits...like shin splints. The ankle was a bit off, but he fixed that while we were there. All's good, or so it seems. He did get his foot wrapped, which I can do if need be, to help keep the support there. Kade has never been good at wearing shoes, and at least we were heard, so more options were presented. I plan on massaging his leg every day till we get it all relaxed.

The Dr. wanted us to test out the taping job by going to the park and letting him run around like crazy. So, we did! I really get amazed at how wonderful they play with other kids. We (me included) enjoyed seeing some familiar faces there. They did run around and find sticks and play a lot. We ended up staying for about 3 hours...and now we are home and fed.

Tomorrow we get to see Auntie Mary...Yippee! I'll let you know how much fun we have later!

1 comment: