Monday, June 23, 2008

Ode to Ann

I've written this post so many times in my head that this all seems too surreal...almost like a deja vu. Yet, I haven't, so it's way over due. Short this may be - and I'm not sure if I can express accurately all I feel.

There is a woman I met 10 years ago who is simply amazing. I enjoy her humor, her love for all things crafty, her interest and love for kids, her passion for life and exploring...just to name a few. Ann is someone I wish I had spent time with more (and under different circumstances...but am thankful she gave up her own personal space while we lived there). I know my kids wish they had more time with her too.

I'm thinking more of Ann today, for I believe it is the last 'official' day of work for her. I can't imagine the highs and lows this year has brought. I can't imagine the emotional part of retiring - the sense of impending freedom and the loss of youngsters to hang out with on a regular basis.

I do know I am excited for the adventures Ann is sure to have in the future...and I wish her all the best. (Along with a bunch of love!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Ann on completing a work well done and on behalf of you, a celebration for lifes journeys to come!

    ReplyDelete