Sunday, June 1, 2008

We're back from LIFE is Good

We just got back yesterday from the conference. It's always a let down right when we get home especially since we miss seeing everyone and connecting so thoroughly. Yet we are glad to be home and are a bit willing to relax and catch up and recharge our energy. It was an amazing time. Kai was always with friends - old and new. We barely saw him the entire time we were there. I think the only funshops he went to were the balloon sword madness (thanks Gillian!), the Nintendo ds funshop, the everything that rolls funshop, and the Pokemon funshop. The rest of the time they were playing with light sabers and just finding/creating things to play with each other. Kade was really free this year. He went around chasing the older kids and making friendships along the way. Cameron and Kade really had a great time together and Kade really liked having someone he knew around. Jeff and I missed many of the speakers and just hang out with in the lobby talking with those who sat near. I know there is plenty of time to get to hear those talks we missed when they come for sale in the conference store. This took the pressure off going to "do" things. Instead I focused on my first need which was to connect with like minded folk and talk about things that mattered to me. I did miss talking with some of our friends this time around. I'm hoping that the momentum given by Life is going to get me to emailing. I am here...so it is a start.

Forgot to mention they were able to tour the pirate ship that Johnny Depp was on for Pirates! Cool, yes?!

For those who weren't there, we didn't take pictures, but hope someone caught our kids on film. Here is the flikr link to those pictures: http://www.flickr.com/groups/lifeisgoodconference/
Take note that there are 2 years worth of pictures there...and we were only there this year.

Also, you can check out the conference website: http://www.lifeisgoodconference.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment