Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Graduation : our weekend part 3

This has been a tough post for me to write. I think in writing it, it means that this all actually happened. I'm trying to be ready for 'our little girl' to be a graduate. I know she is awesome and all. I know she has been growing up. I know she is ready. But am I? Time has not asked. I am so incredibly proud of Annie and all she is. I have been blessed to be allowed into her life. I am thankful of that every day...and am reminded of how lucky I am every time I talk on the phone with her or see her in person. This weekend was no different. The Santa Cruz Waldorf School has really outdone themselves. Annie has really learned much. We also have come to care for her close friends, Soren and Jessie, who graduated this last weekend as well.


The ceremony began with this quartet. They were wonderful to listen to. Not every ceremony can begin with such class!



This is Jessie giving her salutatorian address. She is simply amazing.



The boys were great throughout the ceremony. They seemed to enjoy the time. Jeff volunteered to be mobile with them, if they wished, so that I could take these awesome pictures.


Part of the ceremony was the class gift. Annie and Soren presented it together. Then they presented some of the teachers with individual gifts, too.


This is Jessie as they announced her.


Jessie after getting her diploma.


Here's Annie!


Hugs from Ms. Theiss as she received her diploma.


Annie on her way back to her seat.


Here is Soren.


And it's Soren's turn for her diploma.


This part of the ceremony was interesting... All the graduates were really ready by this time and then had to wait till the count of 3 before moving their tassles over to the other side of the hat. The anticipation was palatable.


And the caps are off!


There goes Annie. Now the formal stuff is over and we get to celebrate with them.


Here is Annie with a bunch of her friends. She's on the far right.


Here is Annie with her mom, Jan. I know I wasn't the only one who cried!


We can't say enough about how gracious Annie's extended family is. Here is Annie with Uncle Martin and Uncle Tom (in the far left corner behind Martin).


This is one of Tom, Carol (front right) and Jan (Annie's Mom). I wish it was a clear take on all of them. If Martin had only been in it, it would have been all of the siblings in one picture. I have always enjoyed my time with these great people. They have always been authentic and very welcoming. I look forward to having more times to be together! Thank you all.


Here are Annie and Jeff. I didn't want to put the rest of the pictures of their interaction here...to keep from possible embarrassment on Annie's part...but will tell about it a bit! Annie had run up behind Jeff to try and scare him. He had been playing with Kade and so wasn't really paying much attention. She managed to touch him - at which point he whirled around, leaned down a bit and picked her up and spun her around. She got a bit more than she bargained for! It ended up with both of them laughing and giggling with each other. I have loved watching their relationship. They have been incredibly good for each other.


Here we are. This is a great memory for me.

We were thrilled to find that a childhood friend of Annie's flew in from TX to see this all happen. Annie took off and got to be with all her friends. It's very cool she was able to reconnect with so many. The graduation came at a perfect time. Her friends who are already in college were able to be there too. I am hoping she is still on the emotional high!

What a beautiful day it was. It's a time I wont be forgetting myself... Our girl all grown up.

2 comments: