Monday, June 16, 2008

Henna fun



At LIFE is Good, many were interested in henna. I love the idea of henna, but have honestly only put it on 2 or 3 times in my life. Brenna did the first design at one of the L&L conferences, and I was hooked. I came home and ordered the stuff right away. It sat on the shelf for about a year...until the beginning of this year I took it out and decided to give it a try. I did manage to put on a couple of designs, but it looked like some green goo had been smeared on. To get back to the whole idea I had started to write about...when the interest was raised I said I'd be glad to bring my stuff to make it, but that I wasn't that good. Well...we got there and I did end up putting henna on. The first design the henna was way too runny, so it just slid down and poor Renee got a funkified looking henna design. She was a really good sport about it, but I felt awful. Then I went up and added more powder and came back. It was easier to apply, but you can't make the artist more than she already is. More poor souls asked for designs. I remember getting home and thinking to myself: if I love this stuff why don't I practice and apply it? Well, I got the book out again and started practicing on paper the designs I wanted to try and thought were cool. I don't have many, but am working on getting more in my repertoire to be good enough to do more on friends and those who wish it at this next get together. Also one of my friends is pregnant and I really would love to do a cool design on her beautiful baby belly (I saw pics of the ultrasound today and he is a beauty...truly amazing). Anyway, for my birthday the boys got me the earth henna kit and I applied this on Friday. It's really fun and exciting! For those who are looking forward to getting the henna...I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment