Wednesday, June 25, 2008

But a moment

I have only one, but I wanted to share what has happened so far.

Yesterday we went to the park and played like we usually do. We love being there so much and so we stay forever. Yesterday we were there from 11:15 until 6:00. The boys came and sat for maybe 2 seconds before heading off again. They are so happy to be with friends!

Today was an early one. Kai woke up due to a bad dream around 7:15. I always ask if he wants to talk about these...and for the first time, he said 'yes'. He didn't feel right talking about it in the bedroom, so we came out to the couch and snuggled and talked. This I feel is a major breakthrough. He's talking about things that are inside him...and that is incredibly good. Kai has always been a talker. So it may seem like he would talk about his inner feelings. Yet, somehow he holds onto those fears and feelings for a bit before letting us know or hear about them. I'm glad he's found a comfort zone that is larger and has more in it. Hopefully this will continue...

After snuggling for long time, Kai was ready to do something else. He's organized his Yu-gi-oh cards by type, power and rarity. He's played Dragon Ball Z on the Wii. Come back to the cards and put them away in nice neat stacks. Gone back to playing Dragon Ball Z. He's paused long enough to come and give me loves several times. To ask for food several times...and eat several times.

Kade came out about 10:00 today. He's rested and ready, but wanted some snuggle time, too...so I 'forced' myself (heehee) to snuggle on the couch with him. He has since messed around with the small weights we have, watched a touch of tv and found it wasn't what he wanted to watch, organized his Pokemon cards (all 13 of them) and displayed them for me, paused long enough to eat a touch and is now working on finding all his backugan characters in order (along with all the magnetic cards).

A few days ago, he did this:















The next day, I helped him do this:

















I have rested today and done laundry. I have watched Tom and Jerry with them and laughed. I have talked about how cool it would be if Chowder was a live show rather than a cartoon show. We talked about an add they saw that the character Mungdal was in...with the car and if you turn it on...does it do you the same favor. Of course the car is a snail car in this commercial. Thanks to tv, we have so many things we get to talk about that we wouldn't have been granted the opportunity to talk about otherwise.

Monday I worked on henna again. Here is the latest design I've been practicing.















We are having a chill day. But we are just waiting until we have to start jammin'. Today we need to go to the store and get more pizza fixin's. Then we will head out to the park for more fun with friends. After that we come back and the boys will hang out with friends while I and a few friends head out to see a new film call Food Matters. We are excited about seeing it! Click here to see the trailer! I'll tell you how we liked it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. that henna design freakin' rocks!! Looks pretty complicated!!

    Hope you have fun with the ladies and the movie!

    ReplyDelete